Maddie was upset for about 5 minutes last week because the raptor rescue crew was coming to the library today to do a program about owls.....including Draco Malfoy's owl. Darn, darn. I promised to take pictures and pointed out that perhaps she would see an owl any way at camp! I suspect when she sees these pictures she might get upset all over again! It was so cool. The rescue people had strict rules about noise, touching (DON'T!) and sitting but they brought the birds right down to our level so we could see them up close and personal. My two little day care buds were a bit fidgety while waiting but once the birds came out their attention was captured. I'll just put the pictures and movies below and will try to remember what type of bird each one was.
Screech Owl--or as Lilly said "the cute little snuggly one" I suspect he wouldn't want to be snuggled even by Lilly.
A Falcon
A barred owl-Maddie's favorite!
Great Horned Owl Skull
Red Tailed Hawk
European Eagle Owl-Draco Malfoy's owl in the Harry Potter Movies
How fun is that? Our local zoo used to do a "birds of prey" show that my now grown up kids used to love! Perhaps they still do it, we just haven't made it to the zoo in oh-so-long.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, ~Lisa :)