Kaitlyn's Mom took these "action shots" and I had a giggle looking at myself. We've been doing this since Maddie was 6 years old and its getting hard to remember that they CAN do it without any help from me beyond moral support. My hands are all up in the air as I am wanting to do it but doing my best to remember that they can do it so just stand back and be quiet Miss.Jenn!
Once our shift was done it was on to the rides! Norah's family stayed for the rides too which was great as all of them got to ride together.
Then we moved on to see the giraffe! This year we saw him earlier and he was willing to take carrots from the kids. They were thrilled...so was I, its not everyone who can say they fed a giraffe!
Love the sign on this one!
All of Maddie's projects won blue ribbons but this year none were chosen for the State Fair. She had a momentary disappointment but then said "Well, I just have to work harder next year!". That was a wonderful lesson. I entered my strawberry jam which came in third place. I must admit that I think something odd went on with the judging because they didn't actually open the jars of jam to taste them. So I am not quite sure how they arrived at their decision!
Maddie's achievement book-pink and green
Momma's jam
We did have lots of fun at the fair and are already thinking about next year's projects!


No comments:
Post a Comment