Maddie is working on getting the hang of the knit stitch. She did really well casting on but when we added the other needle things got harder. She is persevering though and working through it. We made an adjustment and decided making some squares for a blanket was a better idea. 40 stitches to a row was a lot for her to work through and things were getting messed up a bit. So we backtracked and removed about half the stitches and are giving it another go!
We have just 3 more days before summer break from school so we started Harry Potter #3 The Prisoner from Azkaban.
I hope you enjoy your break and Harry Potter - one of my favorites. Happy knitting!
ReplyDeleteIt must be so fun to teach your daughter to knit! I have taught my niece to finger knit. My daughter will be 5, and I have taught her to finger knit as well. Maybe in another year or so we will add needles :-)
ReplyDeleteWe are having fun Heather! Its a nice change of pace from English and Math lessons. ;0) Have fun with your daughter and neice!
DeleteEnjoy your summer break! Passing on our hobbies to our girls is such a delight -- enjoy! ~Lisa
ReplyDeleteThanks Lisa! We are having so much fun together. Part of the joy of homeschooling is having her here with me all day and doing things like this.
DeleteAmen!! I know just what you mean. :)
DeleteHow lovely that you are passing on your skills to your daughter, one day I will do it too when my daughter is old enough.
ReplyDeleteThanks! It is fun most of the time. There have been some tears but we worked through.
Delete