Sunday, May 12, 2013

Last Day of 4th Grade!

Friday was our last day of 4th grade. Its hard to believe, the year flew by but there it was the last day. Maddie finished up her cursive writing book, did some math and finished physics with a final quiz covering most of the year's topics. She did great on the quiz. The only problem she had was remembering which one of Newton's Laws were which. Brian and I decided that she knows them when she sees them even if she can't tell you that its the first, second or third law of motion and really, at this point, what more can we ask? I'll come back with an overview later and some pictures of her projects. She did a lot of work and grew so much in the past year!

Nature Girl/Jr.Ranger in Training is ready to go for the summer!


 
And here is the aftermath! Remember way back at the beginning of the year? I showed some "before" pictures in this post. Yup, I said it wouldn't last and boy it didn't! See that leaning tower of books and completed work next to the computer? I'll be attacking that first thing this week so we can have things in order for our final report to the school district. We ask a registered teacher we know to sign our paperwork as part of the NYS regulations. Maddie loves to show him all the work she has done so it has to be at the ready.

 
And here is my lovely homeschool cabinet in all its end of year glory. Books piled all over it, bluebird boxes and who knows what else from 4H. Phew. I'll need a large chunk of time to get this back under control!

 
I'm off to not get ready for the school week! I think I'll do some knitting. Brian and Maddie are busily making homemade pasta for Mother's Day dinner with the Mamaws and Poppas! It smells yummy!

 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Hope your mother's day pasta was delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete