Maddie has been on an American Girl book kick for quite a while. The stories are good. They are mostly about strong willed girls standing up for what they believe. I don't really think we need a lot of help in that department though. Maddie is perfectly willing to tell you what she thinks and why so I was ready to move along already. We gave her a copy of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis for Christmas. We started it on Friday. Maddie was reluctant. We haven't finished all the Samantha and Felicity books and.... Now however she wants 2 chapters a night at least on top of reading to me from a beginning reader and a picture book. I love it when a plan works out. Her current favorite picture book is Goldilicious by Victoria Kann The story involves a little girl and her imaginary unicorn who becomes lost. Our favorite part of the book comes when her parents call her inside the house at night. The little girl says "Perhaps Goldie is hiding from the mean sorcerers who have come to take me to the dungeon.". The parents say "We heard that!". The little girls says "Oh pardon me, I meant Sir Daddy and Lady Mommy, rulers supreme and gracious guardians of the Princess of Pink." Hmmm...where have I heard such talk before?? We thought we should make signs for our bedroom doors...Princess of Pink and Sir Daddy and Lady Momma.
We took last week off to enjoy the Olympics and the company of Maddie's friend Mackenzie who was off from school. We did have a project on saturday! Our cousin Karen got engaged on Valentine's Day. She had brought Fred and Wilma Flamingo to deliver an invitation to Maddie at Christmas. We returned Fred and Wilma back to her house in a top hat and pink tulle veil. Maddie was so excited to dress them up and drop them off. I tried to take pictures but they didn't show up on the camera...I'm not sure what happened! So you will have to use your imagination. We did have a lot of fun though!!
No comments:
Post a Comment