Maddie is very excited about advent time this year. We are doing all the usual things. A Christmas Carol advent calendar, the family tree and
Truth in the Tinsel are all up and ready to go. The stairs are decorated too. But the main attraction is that she knows all about Santa and that we are all, each one of us, a part of Santa and now that means her too! I put her in charge of moving Bob the Elf around this year. We also got a new elf I named Grace who will be a "
kindness elf". Today Maddie got right to work and set Bob up with dino dice. We are not too sure yet exactly what Grace will do. Bob's personality sort of evolved over time and I assume that Grace will be no different. I do plan to have her suggest that everyone help make some cookies to deliver to Mrs.Gifford and perhaps some other stops. Beyond that I haven't really thought it through yet! I found Grace at Target and couldn't resist. She was so cute and looked like Maddie.
We did have a good laugh about the advent wreath today! I put the candles away with the wreath. That in itself doesn't make much sense since part of it is starting with fresh candles but to add to my confusion I stored it under the eaves in the attic. The result is very wonky advent candles. So a trip to Hallmark is on my to do list this week! I decided we have a wonky Advent wreath to match our wonky family...it all works, for now!
Then we started Truth in the Tinsel with our first ornament reminding us that Jesus is the Light of the World.
I'll share more of our ornaments as we make them! Its so much fun to follow the story and have the reminders in the ornaments. Maddie was recalling some of the ornaments and the stories as we gathered supplies today. Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment