Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Reading Reward!

I downloaded this cool summer reading packet from How does She? Maddie got started on it when we finished school. It includes the banner pieces to make for each book you finish. Maddie has finished a lot more books than banners though!
 

We are also using the Bingo board. This is so much fun. It has boxes to fill in for reading in fun places like under a tree, on a picnic blanket or at certain times like in a car and in the bathtub. We got to choose the amount of time needed reading to be able to cross off a box. Maddie has been doing so well with reading that we chose 30 minutes. So if she reads for 30 minutes on the picnic blanket she gets to cross off that box. When she completes a row she gets a coupon. I also filled these in with rewards I thought she would enjoy. When she fills in the entire board then she gets the Golden Ticket which gets a trip to the Springfield Museum to see the Lego Castle display.

Today she earned her first coupon! The one she pulled was for a slushy at Cumberland Farms, something she has been teasing to try for the last month or so.

 

Well, unfortunately, this is not a slushy in the way I know slushies! It had carbonation in it something Maddie is not a fan of at all. However she worked so hard for it that she was determined. So we stirred it for a while and she did enjoy some of it at least. I think she actually enjoyed the end result in her mouth more than the actual slushy!



So...we love the summer reading and hopefully the other rewards will turn out much better than this one! I think we've got a good shot....I put things like 3 new sharpie markers, dinner of her choice, game night and an ice cream cone plus others.

No comments:

Post a Comment