


This week was very busy for us! Maddie had lots to do and I had to write our first quarterly report to the school district as well as get my re-registration papers into the state for day care. I hadn't realized both things would be due at the same time or I would've changed Maddie's report due date! However we made it through, everyhing got done...Momma's paperwork and Maddie's schoolwork with the exception of Weekly Reader.
On Tuesday Poppa Bill picked Maddie up for a day of fossil hunting in Berne. They had a great day with lots of exploration and questions. Poppa took lots of pictures and I have added a few here. From his e-mail: "We found lots of interesting things to look at and explore, Maddie really got into it, finding things on her own and asking lots of questions. Everything from red squirrel middens (a pile of spruce cone seed hulls in this case), to the fossils, to puff balls filled the day. Maddie the archaeologist had a great time inspecting an old stone foundation while giving me a running commentary the entire time. When we got back to the truck she was getting somewhat bored, I think, so we stopped at the Berne Town Park where she did some swinging, looking at the waterfall, used to be some old water powered mills there for sure, and finding puff balls that put out a good cloud of spores when she stepped on them. She told me she was getting hungry for lunch as we were coming back through Rotterdam so we made a stop at McDonalds in Glenville to finish off the trip. She was exceptionally well behaved and extremely curious about nearly everything we saw. " Maddie brought back stones containing fossils not only for herself but all the little ones here with me. They were very happy to see Maddie and thrilled with their new rocks. Quite a few of them refused to hand them over to their parents when they came!! Treasures from Maddie are hard to give up.
On Thursday we attended the 4H officers training at St.Gabriel's school along with Mackenzie and Deanna. Kenzie rode with us in the car and they had a wonderfully giggly time in the back seat. The training was run by teenagers who have been in 4H for a while. The girls went to the secretary training since that is really the only office open to Cloverbuds. We did a mock report then went back to everyone else where they had a candlelight ceremony to swear in the new officers. This was lots of fun and the girls really enjoyed it.
Our Report!
Swearing In Ceremony...sorry its long I was afraid I would miss something if I turned the camera off!!
We also found a fun book and a great way for Maddie to listen to it. Earlier this week she was upset because she wanted to listen to A Christmas Carol on CD but, naturally, the little ones wanted nothing to do with that! Although they did their best to be quiet, how quiet can a 2 year old be if they are not sleeping? I found this story on playaway at the library, Brian had an old set of earphones and Maddie has been difficult to unplug all weekend. I think she has listened to the entire story twice. I listened to some of it as well and can understand why...it is a really good story!! Kenny and the Dragon
If you go to the Schenectady Christmas Parade this coming saturday keep your eyes open for the Westervelts! Mrs.Merritt had Maddie very gung ho to march in the parade however she wouldn't be with the drill squad, just marching and we would have to dress in costume. The 4H clubs carry the banners in the parade for the parade sponsors and I convinced her this was the way to go. At least we can be totally bundled up head to toe!! Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!!
No comments:
Post a Comment