I just recently discovered a new blog that I love called Mud Puddles to Meteors. On the blog they offered to host a
nature exchange. We thought this would be fun to try and signed up. After a little discussion we said we would be willing to ship internationally. Just last week we were paired up with a family in Glasgow, Scotland! We are really excited and it certainly got us moving to fill our egg carton. Today we took a nature trip to find a few more really interesting items to put in the egg carton. In particular we were looking for fossil rocks. Maddie had been to Partridge Run with Poppa Bill and Mamaw Mary just recently. If you look at the shale on the road, parking lots and paths fossils are all over the place. I took some pictures because it was such a pretty day. Maddie did too but as she has gone to bed you will need to wait for those later! Tomorrow we will pack up our items and get the ready to ship off to Scotland on Monday. Then we wait to see what the family there has found to send to us!




I thought this looked like an excellent place for fairies. Brian said it was an excellent spot to help you find direction if the old tale about moss is true. Hmmmm....
If you look carefully you can see an apple tree in the background and the excellent fungus on the tree up close. People had originally tried to farm here. Apple trees were everywhere. I am not sure if that's from the old farms or just happened. I loved finding them in unexpected places!
Burrs anyone?
Another apple tree
fossils!!
Can you find the butterfly?
Maddie was listening to the dry grass in the wind.
No comments:
Post a Comment