Joining Small Things for the Yarn Along today with a finished sock! I've always said there is nothing like knitting a sock to make you appreciate pioneer women but I think I have to change it to nothing like knitting a man's sock to make you appreciate any woman before Target/Kmart etc.. I think the first one came out well though and now its on to sock #2!
Since its our first week of school I keep referring back to The Well Trained Mind. So much has changed this year in how we "do school" that I am using it as a crutch! Eventually I will be more comfortable and the book will be back on the shelf but not quite yet! Maddie read This Journal Belongs to Ratchet. Ratchet=Rachel who is homeschooled by her Dad which is why Maddie wanted to read it. I read it as well because there seemed to be quite a bit going on in the book. We are certainly moving into the preteen books with all the anxiety that comes with those years being highlights of the books. It makes me long for Jack and Annie and the treehouse! However Maddie really enjoyed the book and I did as well. Its good to be able to separate a good story from real life.
What have you been reading and crafting??? I'm off to cast on sock #2 before my day care kiddos arrive!
Love the colour of your sock.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on sock #1!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about longing for the days of those simple, fun books, but they do grow up, don't they? I encourage you to continue screening Maddie's books; we've found that not all that is recommended is what we'd have our children read either at a certain age or even at all. But isn't that one of the pleasures of homeschooling? Have a great year! ~Lisa :)